Welcome to the Bulkley Valley Naturalists. We are based in Smithers, BC, and the group is open to people who are interested in the flora, fauna, natural history, and ecosystems in and around the Bulkley Valley.
We are pleased to report that the Nature Diary is now available. Thanks to all the artists and writers who contributed to this exciting project.
Membership is open to people of all ages that have an interest in nature, natural history, ecology, nature education, and who care for the environment. Together with approximately 50 other clubs and societies in B.C., the Bulkley Valley Naturalists belong to BC Nature (The Federation of B.C. Naturalists). A portion of our membership fees goes to BC Nature and this entitles all of our members to receive the BC Nature quarterly magazine, participate in all BC Nature camps, meetings and other events. Through BC Nature, our club gets additional benefits such as group insurance, charitable status, and access to grants.
- Notice of all monthly meetings and other natural history events in the community
- Regular evening meetings
- Local field trips in the fall and winter months.
- Participation in citizen science such as the Christmas Bird Count, Marmot Count, Bat Count, Winter Wildlife Count and Amphibian Monitoring Project
- Share in Nature Education projects
- A community of naturalists to share information
We thank our sponsors
Funding for this website was generously provided by: