Welcome to the Bulkley Valley Naturalists. We are based in Smithers, BC, and the group is open to people who are interested in the flora, fauna, natural history, and ecosystems in and around the Bulkley Valley.
The Nature Diary is now available!
A year in the making, the 160-page perpetual diary presents the long-term natural history data collected by BV Naturalists Club members and is beautifully illustrated with 66 original artworks by 36 local artists. The diary is a week-by-week chronicle of nature in the Bulkley Valley as it unfolds throughout the year.
Wholesale price to stores and other businesses – $ 16.00
Nature Clubs of BC – $ 16.00 for one copy per club (includes postage)
Membership is open to people of all ages that have an interest in nature, natural history, ecology, nature education, and who care for the environment. Together with approximately 50 other clubs and societies in B.C., the Bulkley Valley Naturalists belong to BC Nature (The Federation of B.C. Naturalists). A portion of our membership fees goes to BC Nature and this entitles all of our members to receive the BC Nature quarterly magazine, participate in all BC Nature camps, meetings and other events. Through BC Nature, our club gets additional benefits such as group insurance, charitable status, and access to grants.
- Notice of all monthly meetings and other natural history events in the community
- Regular evening meetings
- Local field trips in the fall and winter months.
- Participation in citizen science such as the Christmas Bird Count, Marmot Count, Bat Count, Winter Wildlife Count and Amphibian Monitoring Project
- Share in Nature Education projects
- A community of naturalists to share information
We thank our sponsors
Funding for this website was generously provided by: